If the MSU Libraries do not have a resource you need in the catalog, in most cases we can get it for you through an Interlibrary Loan at no cost to you. Use the online form to place a request for an Interlibrary Loan.
To request an Interlibrary Loan, you will need to provide some information about the resource you are requesting:
- Locate the resource using WorldCat or another type of internet search (such as a Google search.)
- Make note of information about the resource such as title, author, date of publication, edition requested, and either the ISBN, ISSN, or OCLC identifying numbers for the resource.
- To find the necessary identifying information for an item in WorldCat, select the "View Description" dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the online form and fill in as much of the identifying information as possible. Note that you MUST provide the author name, title, and either and ISBN, ISSN, or OCLC number for your resource in order to complete your request.
- If you can not find this information please contact an MSU Law Reference Librarian either in person at the reference desk or via email.
- Once you have submitted your request, you will receive a confirming email from the MSU Law Interlibrary Loan Department.
- You will receive email notification when your Interlibrary Loan is ready for pick up.
Any questions? Feel free to contact Brooke Minore or Mahbuba Fidda for more information.